What's in my oils bag

 So after getting started with oils earlier this year, I quickly learned that I would need something special to be able to take them on the go. I have a basket that store my oils in at home in our bedroom, but I didn't have anything to put them in for when we're traveling, running errands, or out and about doing whatever. 
     I wanted something that would hold various sized bottles and fit easily in my diaper bag. I found the perfect bag on Etsy (where else?) from a shop called OurHHH, short for Our Healthy Happy Home. The best thing about her bags is that you get to choose what you want the interior to look like. You can combine several different configurations to hold sample bottles, 5 and 10 ml bottles, roll-ons, spray bottles and more. 
I chose one side to hold spray bottles and dropper bottles and the other to hold 5 ml and 10 ml bottles of oil. The little elastic pockets hold each bottle fairly well, though some have loosened since I got the bag. Either way, my bag can hold up to 12 bottles of oil, plus three spray bottles. This is perfect for holding my most commonly used and favorite oils for when we're out of the house. 

The bag is nicely cushioned and everything stays separate so that my bottles seem secure and safe from breaking or rolling all around in there. I also love the cheery turquoise color of the inside. 

In addition to my oils, i also carry a The Primary Usage Guide for essential oils that lists suggestions for what oils to use for different issues. It's easier to carry than my huge desk reference in case I need to look something up while we're out of the house. I also have a small baggie of vegetable capsules if I want to ingest any of my oils. And lastly, a pouch of Ningxia Nitro if I need an energy kick. 

 I always take Thieves hand sanitizer and Thieves spray when I go out. Thieves hand sanitizer is great for sanitizing our hands and the kids' hands if we use a public restroom or go out to eat. Thieves spray is great for sanitizing grocery carts, restaurant high chairs and more. My two homemade sprays are bug spray (using Thieves, peppermint, and Purification oils) and a Boo-boo spray (containing tea tree oil, lavender and cypress oils). 
 These are the oils that I take with me when we leave the house:

  • A blue glass dropper bottle of fractionated coconut for on-the-go diluting of oils.
  • Lavender: The most versatile of oils, lavender can be used for burns, various skin conditions, insomnia, nervous tension and more. It's fragrance is calming and relaxing.
  • Valor: Valor is one of my favorite blends from Young Living. I typically have it set up as a roll-on so I can apply it right away, but I gave my roll-on to Tim because he wanted to have one at work. Valor contains spruce, rosewood, blue tansy, and frankincense oils. The blend was formulated to balance energies and instill feelings of courage, confidence and self-esteem. It also helps the body correct balance and alignment. It is known as the "chiropractor of oils." I think it smells amazing and I love to apply it when I am feeling anxious.
  • PanAway: PanAway is a blend of wintergreen, helichrysum, clove, and peppermint oils and is used for pain of all sorts. I use mine for headaches as well.
  • Allergy Roll-on: This is a blend that I made myself. It includes fractionated coconut oil, lavender, peppermint, and lemon. Lavender is a natural antihistamine, peppermint is helpful for congestion, and lemon aids with detoxing and drainage. We use this all the time in the spring and summer. 


  •  Deep Relief: This is one of my favorite blends. It contains peppermint, fractionated coconut oil, lemon, idaho balsam fir, clove, copaiba, wintergreen, helichrysum, vetiver, and palo santo. Most of those oils are known for their anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving characteristics. It relieves muscle soreness and tension, sore joints and ligaments, reduce inflammation, and can also be used for headaches. The roll-on makes it super easy to apply because it's already diluted and ready to go. 
  • Stress Away: This is a must-have oil for any mom of little ones. The blend contains copaiba, lime, cedarwood, vanilla, ocotea, and lavender. It is meant to bring a feeling of peace and tranquility to both children and adults and helps relieve daily stress and nervous tension. It's fitted with a rollerball so I can just roll it onto my wrists and the back of my neck when I am feeling stressed.
  • TummyGize: This blend is part of the KidScents Oil Collection and contains spearmint, peppermint, tangerine, fennel, anise, ginger, and cardamom. It works so amazingly well for any sort of stomach issue and is easy to apply because it has a roller ball on it. It is blended especially for children, but works great on adults too. 
  • AromaEase: This blend is brand new. It is a blend of peppermint, spearmint, fennel, ginger and cardamom. It is helpful for nausea and stomach stuff as well. Definitely a good oil to have in the car if you or your kids get carsick.
  • Owie: This is another blend from the KidScents Collection. It contains Idaho balsam fir, tea tree oil, helichrysum, elemi, cistus, hinoki, and clove. It works so well for little bumps and bruises. Most recently, we used it while camping when Graham fell and bonked his head on a rock. His brow bone bruised and swelled and he looked like he'd gotten into a fight. After a few applications, the next morning he woke up and you couldn't even tell that he had fallen.
  • Bite Buster: This is another blend from the KidScents Collection (can you tell that I am obsessed with that kit?). It contains Idaho tansy, citronella, and palo santo. I use it on bug bites. 
So there you have it. My favorite oils to have on hand for the most common issues we might have when we're out of the house. Most are ready to use right away so I can take care of everything from headaches to upset stomachs with all natural solutions. 

No comments :

Post a Comment