Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub


One of my newest oils is cinnamon bark, so I decided to make a little something with it: cinnamon vanilla sugar scrub. It contains simple ingredients that I had around the house and smells amazing! I used it in the shower last night and really loved it. I felt so soft and moisturized afterwards.
Most of the ingredients are ones you probably already have around your house. And it's super simple to whip up. It took me less than five minutes. 
Cinnamon bark is an awesome essential oil. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and a circulatory stimulant. 
The recipe calls for: 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 3 drops of cinnamon bark essential oil. I combined the sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon bark oil first and then added coconut oil until it reached the consistency I wanted. I recommend using liquid fractionated coconut oil because normal coconut oil will harden again even if you melt it. You know that summer is officially over when your coconut oil goes back to a solid state all the time. 

     The best thing about it is that you know all the ingredients inside. No preservatives or synthetic ingredients. You could even eat it if you wanted. I'm not going to lie... I tasted it. And it was yummy. 

This scrub has a delicious warm wintery scent and would make a great homemade Christmas gift. Put it in a pretty jar and tie a ribbon around it and you're good to go! 

No comments :

Post a Comment