Menu planning Monday

At the request of my mom (Hey Mom!), I am bringing back my menu planning post so people can see what I'm cooking for the week and maybe get some ideas for some new recipes to try. You will find links to the recipes and photos for each one. The photos are not mine, but shared from the original source. Enjoy!

Monday: 
On Monday we will be eating Chicken Enchilada Soup. This is one of my go-to recipes from the blog Skinny Taste (if you're new to the blog, you will soon notice that it is my favorite place to find new recipes). It's super delicious and is made in the crock pot. Crock pot meals are awesome for weeknights because Tim gets home from work pretty late because of his new position and the kids seem to always want to go insane at about 5 o'clock. It will be great to not have to try and occupy them while making dinner for one night of the week. 

Tuesday:
On Tuesday we will be having another Skinny Taste favorite - Autumn penne pasta. It is a ridiculously good recipe considering it contains brussels sprouts. The recipe is such a lovely beginning-of-fall meal and perfectly fitting for the first day of fall. Yay!

Wednesday:
On Wednesday we will be meeting at our friends' house for church small group. It is casserole night so I will be bringing Skinny Taste's Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole. I made this for the first time last week and since I still have noodles and parmesan cheese leftover from making it then, I decided to make it again. Plus, it tastes really good. I don't typically make a lot of casseroles, but fall just sort-of seems like a good season for that type of food. I make the recipe basically as it is, except I substituted mozzarella cheese for the cheddar cheese. 

Thursday:
On Thursday we will be eating Italian meatball soup. This is a Pioneer Woman recipe that includes lots of vegetables and it really flavorful and delicious. I have made it a few times before and really like it. This time I bought pre-made meatballs to make life a little easier for me and because they weren't really that much more expensive than buying the ingredients to make them myself. 

Friday:
On Friday we will be eating Spanish Chicken and Rice. This is a Skinny Taste recipe that Tim really likes. It's very comforting and tasty and I really love the green olives in it (Tim refuses to eat those). I make it without beer and use chicken stock instead and I also just put olives on mine and not in the recipe as usual. 

Saturday:
We will be eating Publix's Italian pie for dinner on Saturday. I have been making this recipe for several years now after first having it while at dinner at my Mom's. It has been years since we lived near a Publix (insert sad face), but I still make this recipe. I don't have the bruschetta mix that the recipe calls for, so instead I make my own by combining crushed tomatoes, basil, and garlic in a food processor. I will also be using the leftover pork sausage from the autumn penne pasta earlier in the week with ground beef for the meat part of this meal. We'll eat it with salad. 

Sunday: 
We have a church picnic on Sunday so I am fairly certain we will have our fill there. I am not sure what I will bring, but will decide sometime later this week. Most likely a dessert. 

1 comment :

  1. I love that you are doing this again! I need to add new meals into our rotation too. Maybe I'll share a few of my favorites on my blog too and we can swap recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete