Homemade face wash

So I am always looking for ways to use my essential oils around the house and I love finding new recipes to try. I recently found a recipe for face wash, which is great because I don't have a lot of success with store-bought brands and have even had pretty terrible results with the fancy natural brands. After having Graham, I have had some pretty terrible acne and it's the worst. I have the skin of a teenager. Next time, if I get the choice, I'd prefer the body or energy of a teenager. 
      I have actually been having good luck with this recipe for my skin, and may tweak it a bit in the future to use some of the essential oils that are good for acne, like Purification or Melalueca A (aka tea tree oil). But so far, this one has been really good. It leaves my skin feeling clean and it smells really good as well. 
       
Here is the recipe:
1/2 tsp. sweet almond oil or olive oil (I used olive, but in the future would try the almond or jojoba since they are more skin friendly)
1/3 cup Dr. Bronner's Castile unscented soap
2/3 cup distilled water
10 drops ylang ylang oil
6 drops geranium oil
4 drops lemongrass

Combine in a foaming handsoap bottle. Swirl to combine before using each time as the oils and water separate a bit. 

This recipe would also be great for a baby wash and I plan to make my own soon. I think I might add lavender oil to it to help the boys smell good and as part of their bedtime routine to help the with good sleep. 

No comments :

Post a Comment