Menu Planning Monday

I am finally back home after two weeks visiting my parents, in-laws, and friends back in Georgia. Tim and the kids and I are all happy to be back together and in our normal routine. I am also excited to be trying out some new recipes from some of the cookbooks that I got for Christmas. It is going to be super cold this week so we will be having soup at least three times. Plus, Tim bought a quarter of a cow's worth of beef from a guy he works with and our freezer is super full, so we will be having a lot more beef recipes than normal over the next few months. 

Monday: Aztec chicken, quinoa and avocado soup. We have had this a million times lately because it is just that good. Again, it is from the Skinny Taste cookbook so I can't post a photo of it or a link to the recipe. 
Tuesday: Mongolian beef and broccoli. This is another recipe from the Skinny Taste cookbook. It doesn't taste exactly like the kind you get from the Chinese food restaurant (does anything you can make at home?), but it is super delicious and fresh-tasting. 
Wednesday: Southwest black bean soup. This is a recipe from a new cookbook that I got for Christmas. It's called "Seriously Delish" by Jessica Merchant, the blogger at How Sweet Eats. 
Thursday: Lomo Saltado. This is a really unusual and delicious recipe from the Skinny Taste blog. I am making it to use some of the beef from our freezer stockpile, but it's really yummy and quick to make too. 
Friday: Stuffed pepper soup. This is an older Skinny Taste recipe that I have never tried until now. I've had it bookmarked for a while, but never got around to making it. Now that we're having such bitter cold weather, I think a new soup is in order. Plus, we can use one of the a million pounds of ground beef that we have in the freezer. 
Saturday: Homemade pizza. We'll be making regular old cheese and pepperoni pizza for the boys, but Tim and I will be having a recipe from the cookbook I linked to above. I made it while at my parent's house for New Year's Eve and it was super delicious. It is a pineapple and jalapeno pizza, but I added chicken to it. The sauce is delicious blend of barbecue sauce, shallots, brown sugar and garlic. Yum! 

What are you eating this week? Any new fun recipes? Trying to keep it healthy for the New Year? Let me know in the comments! 



1 comment :

  1. I JUST got the Skinny Taste cookbook last week! I haven't made anything from it, but I'm anxious to try some of the recipes. I am struggling with the meal planning/dinner time. How do you find the time to get dinner on the table when you are making recipes that involve more than crock pot cooking? I think that's one of my biggest problems, taking the time to prep ahead. I have an in home daycare now, and I feel like I'm constantly running from thing, to kid, etc and then at the end of the afternoon I realize I haven't done anything for dinner and then we eat out or I stop following my menu plan. UGH. One of my goals for 2015 is to get back to cooking healthier meals for my family. Any ideas or advice?

    ReplyDelete