Menu Planning Monday

     Sorry this is late, but better late than never. We have some yummy recipes to try this week and (big shocker), they're not all from the Skinny Taste cookbook. And making a rare appearance... a dessert recipe. And it's a good one! You gotta make it! If you like chocolate and peanut butter even a little bit. 

Monday: Sweet n' spicy Sriracha-glazed salmon. This recipe is from the Skinny Taste cookbook and not on her blog, but lucky for you, I found the recipe elsewhere on the Internet. We just had this tonight and it was really good and super easy. Just make sure to let the salmon marinate at least an hour before you want to cook it. I served it with stir-fried carrots, onion, broccoli, orange bell pepper, and red cabbage. Owen was a bit picky about it, but Graham scarfed the salmon like I hadn't fed him all day. 
Tuesday: Corny blueberry banana pancakes. This is a Skinny Taste cookbook-only recipe, but she has other pancake recipes on the blog if you're interested. We'll see how these go over since Owen has decided he suddenly does not like blueberries anymore.
Wednesday: Crock pot chicken enchilada soup (except with ground beef instead...because there is a quarter of a cow in my freezer). This is one of our favorite soups and I am interested to see how it will taste with ground beef. We have small group so I'm making this because it's easy. And for dessert.... hold onto your hats, folks... Chocolate and peanut butter lover's brownies. This recipe is from my new Seriously Delish cookbook from Jessica Merchant at How Sweet Eats. It's not on her blog, but I did find the recipe online elsewhere for you to check out. Tim and I made them last week for a work potluck and they.were.amazing. Like, thank goodness he took all but one to work so that I didn't eat the whole pan by myself while hiding in my closet from the children. 
Thursday: Thai chicken lettuce wraps. This is another recipe from my new cookbook that I made last week. It made a ton of extra sauce so I froze half so I could make it again this week. She doesn't have the exact recipe on the blog, but if you use the recipe above and basically substitute chicken for the butternut squash, you'll have what I'm making. It's super yummy. 
Friday: Coconut chicken salad with warm honey mustard vinaigrette. This is an older recipe that I've made several times. It's super quick and yummy. I plan on feeding the kids the chicken strips with baked sweet potato fries and salads for Tim and I. 
Saturday: Chicken fajitas with poblano peppers. Tim and I went to a Mexican restaurant last week for dinner and he had this stuffed poblano peppers dinner except it wasn't a stuffed pepper as much as a stir fry with cut up poblano peppers and it was so yummy. So I decided to try to make it at home. This is basically it, so we'll see. 

No comments :

Post a Comment