Menu Planning Monday

Tons of new recipes this week! Wheee! 

Monday: Skinny Taste Aztec chicken, quinoa, and avocado soup. This is one of favorite soup recipes from the Skinny Taste cookbook. We've made it many times since I got the cookbook and even though the kids are weird about quinoa, I make it anyhow. Because it's delicious. 

Tuesday: Bangin' Good Chicken Salad. This is a newer Skinny Taste recipe from the blog that combines two of her previous recipes: baked chicken nuggets and bangin good shrimp. I plan to feed the kids (and probably Tim) the chicken nuggets and make the salad for myself. 
Wednesday: Lasagna Soup. Yay for another new Skinny Taste recipe. I just checked her blog for the first time in a while and found several recipes that looked good. This one looks really interesting. It's either going to be really awesome or just kind-of so-so. We'll see. 
Thursday: Picadillo quesadillas. I have made Skinny Taste's crock pot picadillo before and it's super easy. This recipe basically takes that and puts it inside a quesadilla. It seems like it will be really tasty and I'm fairly certain I can get the boys to eat it without too much fuss. 
Friday: Slow cooker French dip sandwiches. I am trying hard to use all of the beef we have in the freezer so I found this recipe from Skinny Taste. I have never made it before, but it seems easy and tasty. Tim is really excited about it. 
Saturday: Steak with garlic parmesan fries and roasted broccoli. Again, I'm trying to use up the beef in the freezer and we have a ton of steak in there. Tim is our resident griller so I planned for Saturday since I'm fairly certain he'll be home in time to grill it (not something I can plan for during the work week). These garlic parmesan fries are really yummy so we'll be having my take on steak frites and some broccoli too.
Sunday: I haven't planned anything for Sunday yet. It's the Super Bowl so I kind-of want to make something really unhealthy and fun, but we also have a class at our church in the afternoon so I don't know what time we'll get home from that so we can feed the kids before the game starts. Maybe something in the crock pot? Eating out? We'll see. 

What are you cooking this week?

No comments :

Post a Comment