Menu Planning Monday

Last week was a super tasty week. I think one of my favorite meals was the Rustic Italian Gnocchi Soup from the Skinny Taste cookbook, which was the only new recipe I tried. It's not listed the website, so you'd have to buy the cookbook to get the recipe. Or pay me to share it with you. Whichever.
     Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday: Lomo saltado. This Skinny Taste recipe is a Peruvian beef stir fry. It's unlike any other recipe I've made, but really tasty. It includes a weird variety of ingredients - potato, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno, tomato, and red onion - that all magically come together into something delicious. And the recipe is on her blog if you're interested.
Tuesday: Take out. 
Wednesday: We have church small group tonight. We're supposed to bring homemade pizza. I will be making mine using Pioneer Woman's pizza crust recipe, but I haven't decided on toppings yet. We do have a container of Trader's Joe's refrigerated pizza sauce, which is amazing, so we'll probably use that. The crust recipe is super simple and easy though. It can make several at once and you can freeze crusts to use later as well.
Thursday: Trader Joe's pesto chicken sausage with roasted vegetables and house salad. The chicken sausage is something yummy we picked up this past weekend when we went to Trader Joe's. The side dishes are both from the new Skinny Taste cookbook. The roasted vegetables recipe is my favorite way to cook vegetables right now. 
Friday: Italian meatball soup. Yes, we are having this again because we still have meatballs in the freezer and because Owen requested it. And it is hard enough getting him to eat lately so whatever he wants that also happens to be relatively healthy, he gets! 
Saturday: Leftovers of the soup with crusty French bread. Yum!
Sunday: Slow cooker Moroccan Chickpea and Turkey Stew. This is a new recipe for us this week from Skinny Taste (the blog, not the cookbook.) It's unlike pretty much anything I make and I have only cooked with chickpeas a few times, but Gina from Skinny Taste has never really steered me wrong, so I decided to give it a shot. Either way, it should be an easy meal I can throw in the crock pot before church in the morning and we can have dinner ready and the kitchen cleaned up for the most part in no time on Sunday night. 

Well that's it for this week! Anything look good to you? What are you making this week! Comment below and include links if the recipe is online! 

No comments :

Post a Comment