His Plan, Not Ours: A New Journey Begins

Hello again to those that have followed me over from my original blog and nice to meet you to those that are just tuning in for the first time. The old blog has reached its space limit and to be honest, my OCD self can't handle the hundreds of posts over there any longer. So I've jumped ship to a new blog with a new purpose and lots of available space. The former blog will remain until I figure out a way to save some of the information (mainly all the stuff about the babies), but from now on, I'll mainly be here. 

I realize I haven't been posting as much in the past oh, eleven months or so. We have all been so busy. Life with two kiddos is hard, but on top of that, I have a brand new obsession that takes up a lot of my free time (Read: Time not spent playing cars, reading "Steam Train, Dream Train," doing laundry, and endlessly stacking blocks that are immediately knocked down). I drank the Kool-Aid yo, and I am not ashamed to say it. The essential oil Kool-Aid. Most people think I'm a bit nutso, but they are awesome and amazing and all the cool kids use them. 

Like our original blog suggested, we are still following hard after God's plan for our lives. Tim still works for Bechtel, but recently moved into a new position that makes him much happier. I started getting into the essential oils about six months ago and have been learning a lot and making new friends and getting to feel like someone other than "just a mom" a little bit more. 

Owen is now three years old. He is a total joy 99.8% of the time when he is not affected by his delayed terrible twos (Holy pushing boundaries, Batman!). He still loves cars and construction vehicles and has taught me the difference between a bulldozer, a backhoe loader, and a skid steer. He loves to have us read to him and spends every night before bed looking through his books, many of which he has memorized. And he is potty training! Hallelujah! 

Graham will be one in August. His first year has flown by, partly because he was so sick the first four months of his life and we were in survival mode and partly because he has breezed through all the baby milestones - rolling over, crawling, walking, and talking early - in an effort to keep up with big brother. I feel like I was robbed of most of his babyhood. But as he gets closer to his first birthday, we are learning more about his personality and I am really excited about the toddler stage. Please remind me that I said that when he starts tearing the house apart and paints the walls with yogurt. 

So feel free to follow along with our lives again. There will be a lot about essential oils. A good amount of cute kids. Maybe some cloth diapering info. Some recipes. A few box reviews. Some more about essential oils... 

Sorry, folks. Just keepin' it real. 

1 comment :

  1. I added your new blog to my reader! Can't wait to follow along and catch up on everything going on in your life. I haven't tried any essential oils yet, although I have been tempted a time or too. Actually, I did buy this stuff called "Punkin Butt Teething Oil" on Amazon a few months ago when I thought Callen was teething. It has clove oil in it, so I guess I have tried some oils! LOL So glad to catch with you Jessica!

    ReplyDelete