Moving On


So clearly I have been too busy to blog lately. But let's face it, some days I'm too busy to fix a cup of coffee before 11 a.m. 

A couple months ago we left our sweet little first home in Kentucky where we brought home our second son from the hospital and where our oldest turned from chubby-faced baby to legitimate little boy. Now we are all settled in our new home in western South Carolina. So far we love it here. It's just two hours away from our families. There are tons of fun restaurants and bbq joints (plus an awesome cupcake bakery). We're not far from Target (hallelujah!) and Costco. We've already found a church that we are enjoying attending. It's been great. 

The boys are doing well. Next month Graham will turn two. He is the happiest boy 99.9% of the time and his little personality is just the cutest. He has super long shaggy hair that curls in the back and behind his ears. We know we should cut it, but feel like it just fits his personality so well. He loves playing anything that his older brother is playing with and follows him around and copies him. It's very sweet. Except for when he follows big brother into trouble, of course. He is still a great eater. His favorite new food is quinoa. He loves swimming in the pool and playing in the new playhouse Tim put together in the backyard. He also really loves being read to and will sit happily forever and let you read to him. He is talking more now, though he is hard to understand sometimes. He has a few multi-word phrases that he says, like "Here you go" and "I want to get down."

Owen has become a big boy lately. He has been growing like crazy since his surgery in February to remove his tonsils and adenoids. He is both eating and sleeping better. He is quite the early riser and frequently wakes me before my alarm in the mornings. He still loves playing with cars and coloring best of most anything. He also likes to play pretend restaurant and make food for me. Normally, it's some form of pancakes. Especially marshmallow pancakes. His favorite TV show at the moment is Miles from Tomorrowland on Disney. He's very into space right now because of it and runs around singing the theme song a lot. He has been learning to write and read some. He can write his name and mom and has written dog and cat a time or two. His favorite thing to write is Owen loves Mom or Mom loves Owen. He can recognize several words, but is still a little impatient to be able to completely sit and concentrate on sounding out words when we work on teaching him to read. Otherwise, I think he is close to be ready. 

On Memorial Day we went swimming in a pool and I will conclude this post with some pictures from that day just to update you on what the boys look like now. I will try to post more frequently now that we're settled into the new house. 




1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad you updated and are finally moved and settled! I'm glad you did a post like this because I have recently been cooking pretty strict Paleo, and just completed 2 rounds of the Whole30. I feel so much better eliminating carbs and junk from my diet, and I've been eyeing the "Against All Grains" cookbook recently. I'm glad you recommended it and I'll be ordering it soon!
    I just can't get over how big and grown up your boys have gotten! Where has the time gone?!

    ReplyDelete