These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

I haven't done a blog post like this in a long time, so let's just get to it! Here are some things I am loving right now.


1. 21 Day Fix

Tim and I have both been doing the 21 Day Fix eating/workout program from Beachbody and we are loving it! Tim hasn't lost a bunch of weight, but I can tell his body is definitely changing and getting more muscular. I on the other hand, have lost 9 pounds and my clothes are fitting better. We recently started another round of the program. The 21 Day Fix program is really easy to follow. You have a 30 minute workout each day and then you follow their eating program, which focuses on portion control and meal planning. I also love the Shakeology shakes and have been drinking those as part of my regimen as well. I can definitely tell a difference in my sugar cravings and appetite when I have one for breakfast. I am loving chocolate Shakeology with half a banana, spinach, water and ice. 

21+day+fix+1.png (500×500)

2. Young Living Essential Oils

Did you think I would forget to mention these? No, no, me either. Now that we are moved and officially settled in, I have gotten all my oils organized and unpacked all my diffusers so I am back to using them daily. Currently I am loving oils for helping me relax and fall asleep at the end of the day when my mind is racing and I also used them on some ant bites Graham got the other day when he decided to lop the top off of an ant hill. If you haven't jumped on board the essential oil train yet, I don't know what you're waiting for... they are awesome. Cross my heart.  

3. An Ember in the Ashes.

I have been doing a lot more reading lately as I am making time for myself more of a priority. And this is the best new release I have read this year. "An Ember in the Ashes" is the first book written by Sabaa Tahir and it takes place in a brutal Roman-esque empire where society is characterized by slavery and oppression. The book is told through dual narration between Laia, a woman who goes undercover at a military school as a slave in order to try to free her brother from prison, and Elias, son of the school's commander who plans to run away from the school. The world-building is amazing. The characters are well-developed. And with action-packed chapters that typically end in cliff hangers, this book will keep you devouring this book late into the night. The best books are the ones that can evoke strong emotions when you're reading and this one had me in tears many times. I highly highly recommend it. Are you ordering it on Amazon yet? What are you waiting for? Sweet sassy molassey! Just order it already! Do it! Do it now! 
coverfull.jpg (750×1125)

4. LUSH bath products. 

I first made the mistake of going into a Lush store back when we lived in Kentucky. Before then, I had no idea what it was. And now I'm addicted. It's ridiculously expensive, but you get what you pay for and many of the items I like to order like the bath bombs and bubble bars can be split in half to make them go further. My sweet sweet husband and sweet sweet oldie bestie from third grade both got me Lush for my birthday so I am all set for dozens of sweet-smelling, colorful, bubbly baths. As part of operation time for me, I have been taking several baths a week lately and Lush just enhances that by adding softening moisturizers and yummy-smelling essential oils to the bath. Never tried Lush before? I recommend the Avobath bath bomb and the Floating Island bath melt.  
770583.jpg (300×300)

5. Thrive Market.

Healthy foods cheaper than at Whole Foods and shipped straight to my house? Sign me up! Oh wait, I already did. I am loving Thrive Market right now. I have placed four orders since I signed up at the beginning of June and I love them for nonperishable healthy non-GMO and (many times) organic foods plus natural beauty/hygiene/home items and tons of items for babies and kids. I just got a bucket and an assortment of shovels, rakes, and sifters for the boys to play with at the beach for less than they were listed on Amazon. Thrive Market is a online membership-based health store whose mission is to make healthy living accessible and easy for everyone. The yearly membership is less than $60 and products are cheaper than at conventional stores and oftentimes on Amazon as well. Thrive Market allows you to test out their service for a month or more before you are locked in to a membership and you get a discount code for your first order upon signing up for your trial. Shipping is free over $49. If you are in the market for coconut oil/flour/aminos, ghee, organic kid snacks, organic condiments, and other things like that, then check it out! 

6. Against All Grain. 

I bought this cookbook months ago when it caught my eye at Barnes and Noble, but I hadn't tried anything from it until two weeks ago. We have been dieting and because I can't stand to just eat plain grilled chicken, veggies and brown rice every single night, I finally cracked open this book to find some healthy recipes. Since then I have made Peruvian style chicken, crockpot chipolte barbacoa, pineapple beef kabobs, Mexican burgers, chicken curry, enchilada-stuffed peppers, gluten-free blueberry muffins, and southwestern frittata. The recipes are simple and uncomplicated. There are some specialty ingredients, but since I have stocked our pantry with healthy staples from Thrive Market, it's been no big deal to make pretty much any recipe in here. And everything I've made has been really yummy.
Nut-Free-Granola-and-cookbook-giveaway-from-Weelicious.jpg (700×875)

7. Target Dollar Section

The Dollar Spot has really been on point lately. The last time I went I bought a ton of beginner workbooks for Owen for all sorts of subjects from math and early reading skills to dinosaurs and the United States of America. They had loads of flash cards and other classroom/back to school related items as well. I also stocked up on a lot of cute stationary and planner supplies. I bought a few packs of thank you cards, three magnetized notepads for to do lists and notes, two packs of sticky notes and birthday cards. 
50-blue-dot.jpg (400×300)

No comments :

Post a Comment