Menu Planning Monday

The weather has been getting cooler (and then warmer and then cooler and then warmer...thanks, Kentucky weirdo fall), but mainly cooler so I am loving making more soups and warm comfort food. 
    I have been cooking through a lot of the recipes from my new Skinny Taste cookbook. Most of those recipes are not online so I won't be able to link to them. I highly recommend the cookbook though. Everything we have tried from it so far has been delicious. You can go to the Skinny Taste blog to learn more about it and find out where to buy. 

Monday: Tonight we are eating leftovers of Pioneer Woman's Italian Meatball soup, which I made last night. I can easily feed us two times so it's a great meal to have twice in a row. It's also awesome because it has lots of vegetables in it and both boys will eat it happily. Once again, I bought pre-made meatballs at the grocery store to make preparing this a bit quicker. I served it with crunchy French bread to soak up the broth. Yum!

Tuesday: Pasta with pesto cream sauce. I made this recipe for the first time recently and really liked it. I used store-bought pesto to make things easier and also added in chicken for some protein. It was a super easy and quick dinner. I used bowtie-shaped pasta instead of whatever curly noodles are pictured. Owen called them "butterflies" and scarfed it up. And whatever Owen meal will eat quickly is a win in my book. With a simple side salad (which Owen calls "leaves" and also eats really well, surprisingly), you've got a complete meal. 

Wednesday: Aztec chicken, quinoa, and avocado soup. This soup is from the Skinny Taste cookbook. The recipe is not on her website, so I can't link you to it. There is a similar recipe though called Chicken and Avocado soup if you want to try it. It's a little bit different though and doesn't look as yummy. This soup is also surprisingly one that both my boys like to eat. I think it is warm and delicious and I am obsessed with avocado. If you had told me 10 years ago that I would love avocado this much, I would have thought you were crazy. I guess that's what happens when you become an adult. Anyway, the moral of the story is get the cookbook and make this soup. Here is a photo of the "not as good" soup.

Thursday: French bread pizza supreme. This is another Skinny Taste cookbook recipe, so no link or photos. Sorry folks. This recipe looks super easy and yummy which is imperative for the end of the week when I am just about worn out from the boys and Tim still has another day (or two, sometimes) of work. I already have some homemade marinara sauce in the freezer so I just need to thaw that out and we'll top the bread with whatever ingredients look good and have a salad for a side. 

Friday: Chicken pot pie. I have been in the mood for a nice warm chicken pot pie so that's what we'll be having to kick off the weekend. Pioneer Woman makes my favorite version. It's also great with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. And we will most likely have leftovers for lunches over the weekend. 

Saturday: Chicken rollatini with roasted vegetables and Skinny Taste house salad. This is one of the few recipes from the Skinny Taste cookbook that is on the blog as well. I really love that there is a reason to buy the cookbook because the recipes aren't on the blog. I have a Pioneer Woman cookbook and found it strange that pretty much every recipe is on the blog. Why waste the money buying the book, then? Anyhow, this recipe is really good. I will use any leftover marinara sauce we have on top and serve it with two great side dishes from the Skinny Taste cookbook (not on the blog, fyi). 


Sunday: Rustic Italian gnocchi soup. This is another recipe from the Skinny Taste cookbook (surprise!). It is not on the blog so I can't link you to the recipe. The soup includes chicken sausage, onion, celery, carrots, roasted red peppers, spinach, and basil. This will be our first time trying this recipe and I can't wait! It sounds so stinking good. 

Anyway, that's it for this week! I am searching for some new crock pot meals to make life easier, especially with Tim working so late every night. So hopefully I will have some of those next time. What are you eating this week? 

No comments :

Post a Comment